WHAT MAKES MEDICINE STUDY ABROAD ATTRACTIVE?
· Your Medical degrees which are highly rated all over the world.
· Course syllabus updated regularly as per inputs from latest research.
· Advance technologies, infrastructure and laboratories based on current era (advanced technologies and facilities like Robotics surgery and human clinical stimulator etc).
· International Exposure with diverse cultural environment with students from different nationalities.
· Fully equipped multi-specialty hospitals for clinical practice.
· Hi-tech learning resources and highly experienced academics engaged in advanced research.
· Highly applied teaching methodology with all Specialty clinical training.
· Get placed in worlds best hospital and research institutions.
· Eligible for competency exams conducted by medical councils across the world
· MCI and WHO approved Universities.
· Coaching for MCI Screening test.
· Medium of Instruction will be in English.
· NO Donation/IELTS/Low fees with very high standard.
Ukraine is at the forefront of providing quality medical education at economical costs it has a highly developed health care system that adopts practical teaching approach, which makes it easier for students to grasp the concepts. The faculties at Ukrainian medical institutions have years of experience and global exposure. Medical degrees offered by Ukrainian institutions are recognized across the globe. For an Indian student on successful completion of the course he/she can appear in the MCI screening test for gaining MCI registration, which is mandatory for practicing in India.
Main Cities-Kiev, Karkhiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk
Climate-dry and continental
WHY STUDY MEDICINE IN UKRAINE
Simple application and admission process.
Low tuition fees and living cost
Multicultural environment enriching and expanding student life.
Excellent quality of education.
Top notch infrastructural facilities.
Ukrainian medical degrees are highly rated all over the world.
Opportunity to take part in international conferences, exchange programs and various scientific projects owing to close cooperation with universities of the west.
Experienced faculties having vast years of experience, teaching medicine.
Make you eligible for screening exams conducted by (Medical Council of India, SCHS (Saudi Commission for Health Specialties),PLAB (The Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) in the UK, USMLE(The United States Medical Licensing Examination, MCC (Medical Council of Canada) etc.
Chances of Permanent Residence & Settlement in Europe after completion of study program.
ODESSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- UKRAINE
The Odessa National Medical University is a government University in the city of Odessa. The institution established in 1900 as the Medical Faculty of the Novorossiyskiy State University in Odessa. The medical faculty soon became one of the most prestigious medical faculties in the European region. Many famous medical scientists, including Nobel laureate and professor I. Mechnikov, worked here.
The university is recognized by the WHO (World Health Organization) , European University Association,International Association of Universities, Medical Councils of almost all major nations, which include UK, countries in Europe, USA,UK, Europe, India & several others. Odessa State Medical University is obliged to be a Bologne Process (Single European area of higher education)’s member too.
Duration: 6 years
Intake : October
Tuition fee : $4500.00 per year
Accommodation: $1200.00 per year
Food & Other Expense: 1500 US $ per Year
DONETSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- UKRAINE
Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the best and the largest medical university of Eastern Europe. Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was established in 1930 as Donetsk Medical Institute. In 1994 DNMU was given the status of University and in 2008 DNMU has got the status of National Medical University and it was renamed to Donetsk National Medical University. DNMUis counted as one of the best medical school in Ukraine and in allover Europe.
Today more than 15000 students are studying at eight faculties of Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU”. Among them there are about 4200 foreign students from Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, USA, UK, Germany, Poland, Greece, Israel, Turkey, India, Nepal, Srilanka, China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Peru, Palestine, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Tunisia, Kenya, Namibia, Zambia, Lebanon and from other countries studying at the DNMU at the moment. Due to the high level of specialists training and considerably low tuition fees, DNMU is one of the most attractive Ukrainian Medical Universities for the foreigners.
Donetsk National Medical University ranks first among Ukrainian medical universities constantly since 2001 till 2015 according to the rating of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education of Ukraine.
Duration: 6 years
Tuition fee for English medium: 4000 US$ per year
Accommodation: 1000 US $ per year
Food + Expenses: 1500 US $ per Year
REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA
The capital of Armenia is a city of YEREVAN. It is the political, cultural, educational and industrial center of Armenia. Yerevan is known as a rosy-colored city, as its buildings and monuments are built of Armenian tufa. Yerevan is also known as the “CITY of fountains”. It is a city of Christian cathedrals, modern airports, theatres and museums, universities and academies, parks, research labs, squares, industrial sites and art of loving people.
The climate of Armenia is highland continental, dry with four seasons. Temperatures can vary considerably between seasons. The summer is generally pleasant reaching 35 degree, though in the Ararat valley temperature may reach up to 40 degree. Winters are cold dipping to 5 degree below zero.
Location: Eastern Europe
Area: 29800 Sq.KM
Population: 3.8 Million
Why study IN YERVAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
· YEREVAN State Medical University is enlisted with the World Health Organization (WHO) and is recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India), Act of 1956 (Gazette of India, Part II, Sec. 1, Extra, S. No. 83, dt. 31.12.1956), GMC (General Medical Council) of U.K.
· It is a non-commercial leading Government Medical University in Eastern Europe
· The tuition fee remains unchanged for the whole duration of the course. Contract is signed at the time of the admission. Tuition fee is paid annually before commencement of each academic year.
· Over 1000 Indian students are currently pursuing their graduate and post-graduate courses. Regular Indian batches since 1987.
· International hostel is centrally heated and is provided with basic amenities. The hostel complex has a Wi-Fi equipped computer hall, reading room, canteen, laundry service, buffet and mess.
· University provides complimentary breakfast in the hostel on all working days. Students do not pay for the electricity or heating and have an access to 24-hours medical care service.
· Many graduates work successfully in various prestigious hospitals in India, UK, USA and European countries. Only in California, USA more than 500 university graduates carry out practical work.
· After completion of 2nd year of medical school, excellent students can participate in medical scientific work of Scientific Research Center at YSMU.
· Summer vacations are of 8 to 10 weeks in June/ July till August end.
· After submission of all the required documents, eligible student appears for an admission exam conducted by the University officials at New Delhi. Admission letter is issued the same day after successfully passing the exam and interview. Prior Registration with the Official Representative is a must. Date of the Test to be confirmed from the Representative.
· Selected students must attain an Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India.
· According to "Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2001" all the Indian foreign medical graduates have to qualify the FMGE 'Screening Test' securing minimum of 50% marks (MCQ's with no negative marking. FMGE 'Screening Test' is conducted twice a year by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
· Over 90% of the Indian students of the previous batches of YSMU have cleared the FMGE 'Screening Test'.
· The University arranges student entry visa to the Republic of Armenia.
· M.D. 'Physician' degree is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
· YSMU offers Post-Graduate Courses in 27 medical disciplines.
Duration: 6 years
Tuition fee for English medium: 5000 US$ per year
Accommodation: 500 US $ per year
STUDY MEDICINE IN THE PHILIPPINES
MBBS courses in Philippines are gaining significant popularity among aspiring medical students owing to its affordability factor that comes without compromising the quality of medical education. The education system is US based. English being the medium of instruction makes it even more appealing. The tropical climate and hence the disease conditions and occurrences are similar to India, which enhances the efficiency of the medicine students on par or even better than an Indian medicine graduate. There are good medical schools which are Christian missionary managed with own hospitals for teaching and internships, and are recognized and listed by WHO and Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) as approved medical schools which allow students to appear for the USMLE. On successful completion of medicine program Indian students are eligible to appear for the MCI screening test,clearing of which is mandatory for practicing as a Doctor in India
Main cities – Manila, Quezon City, Budta, Davao, Cebu City
WHY STUDY MEDICINE IN PHILIPPINES
· M.D degree is similar to MBBS degree and is recognized by Medical Council of India after passing a screening test.
· Recognized by W.H.O, ECFMG.
· No Entrance Test.
· No Donation.
· Follows American curriculum (MD-American System)
· High quality education at economical fees.
· Medium of instruction is English.
· Eligible for USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) Part 1 after 2nd year of MD & Part 2 after 4th year of MD.
· An MD holder from Philippines apart from practicing in India has the opportunity to continue his/her higher education and medical practice in USA/India.
· Education gateway to countries like USA /Canada etc.
· Tropical Climate Similar to that of India and hence similar disease conditions.
· Quick Visa Processing time of 3 months.
For Indian students seeking to study medicine in Philippines, the duration of study is almost the same as studying in India. The degree earned is a Under Graduate Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. Before applying to a medical school, candidates must earn the pre-medical degrees known as Bachelor of Science in Biological Science (BSBS), with credits in relevant subjects. Students then have to undertake the NMAT (National Medical Admission Test) the entrance test for all medical schools in Philippines.
The professional medical degree, MD, is a four-year program which deals with medical theories, practices, technologies and problem solving. Students then have to undergo one-year postgraduate internship which qualifies them to take the licensure examination to practice as a doctor in Philippines. To practice in India, students have to undertake the specified examination prescribed by MCI.
Studies have shown that it is more affordable to study in Philippines with total tuition fee of approximately US$ 26000 (INR 16 Lakhs approx) and students can live a modest lifestyle by spending only US$350 to US$500 per month.
Common Doubts – MBBS abroad
Who is eligible to study MBBS Abroad?
Any Indian citizen who has attained the age of 17 years and has passed 10+2 Level from any recognized Council/Board of India or abroad with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as elective subjects and obtained minimum 50% in aggregate of PCB combined, with English as a compulsory subject is eligible.
Do I require any eligibility certificate to apply for my medicine program abroad?
Yes, certainly, Eligibility certificate from MCI (Medical Council of India) is required. In order to get eligibility certificate from MCI it is necessary to apply in the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the down section on this website or from MCI website www.mciindia.org
How do I get eligibility from Medical Council of India? Does everybody get MCI eligibility?
If one satisfies the above requirement, then he/she can apply in prescribed format to MCI. MCI on due appraisal at their end shall issue necessary certificate according the rules of MCI. Yes, subject to the prerequisites submitted by the candidate to MCI.
Is medicine programs abroad recognized by MCI?
Most of the medicine programs offered by Universities in western, European and Southeast Asian countries are recognized by MCI however students are advised to check the recognition aspect of the respective university before taking admission however any student who had dome his medical education abroad will have to clear MCI screening test in India to practice in India. For more information Visit: www.mciindia.org
Can I practice in India on my return?
Yes, you can practice in India, provided you clear the mandatory MCI screening test. On clearing the screening test, you are eligible for registration as a doctor and allowed to practice on par with other doctors.
What is MCI Screening Test?
The Medical Council of India stipulates that all students studying MBBS program from Medical Colleges outside India and wanting to practice in India after completion of their program, need to appear for a "Screening Test". For more information regarding MCI Screening refer.
Can I get a job in a Government Hospital or allied medical institutions in India after study medicine abroad?
Yes, certainly after clearing the mandatory screening test & getting your registration with the State or Central Council you are eligible for any government appointment on clearing the competitive exams or interviews conducted by them.
What happens if I fail to clear the screening test of MCI?
Normally a student who passes MBBS from a WHO recognized college is expected to clear the test. One can also take coaching towards preparation for the same.
What will be the procedure for admission?
Firstly, you need to obtain eligibility from MCI. Then you may apply for admission. After the Registration & application process is duly completed your visa application will be processed by the college. On receipt of Visa your travel plans will be finalized and a confirmed admission order will be issued to you.
Can I get Bank Loan for my medical education abroad?
As per RBI regulation an Indian student pursuing education abroad can obtain Bank Loan unto 15 Lacks INR. We at Santa Monica can certainly advise & guide but a Branch of any bank near to your place of residence will have to be approached in this regard.
What is the course duration of Medicine program abroad?
Generally, in most of the, Western, European and South east Asian countries the program duration is 6 years including practical training, however the course duration and internship period may vary depending on country and institution
How are living conditions in these medicine study destinations? Is it Safe?
All countries where students go are safe. There is good law, order and security in place. There is already large contingent of students from India and many other countries so one can be sure of a safe comfortable and pleasant stay.
What is the medium of Instruction Abroad?
The medium of Instruction is in ENGLISH. However local Language classes are taught in initial study period to ensure comfortable stay and to enable students to communicate with patients and local population
Where can I do my Internship?
You can do it at the college in that country itself, certain institutions allow you to do it in your homeland. The Hospital must be recognized by the Government and on due certification the college shall confer the final MBBS degree.
What shall be the total expenditure including Hostel & Food?
It depends on the University and Country, please refer the Fee Structure of the particular institution.
How do I get a Visa? Will you be arranging it for me?
Yes, we will assist for the visa application and process.
What will be the mode of payment and in what currency?
All payments will be calculated in US Dollars. However, you may pay in INR if you pay in India. While abroad your food and other miscellaneous expenditure has to be paid in their local currency.
What is the mode of travel & cost?
It depends on the airlines which you opt to travel.
Is there any donation or capitation fee?
No. There are no donation or capitation fees.
Can I do internship/training in India?
Yes. You can do your internship/training in India. However, you would have to arrange it yourself. The University can arrange internship for you in study country only. Most students do their internship at various affiliated hospitals of the University.
Is MBBS Abroad expensive?
No. MBBS from China/Russia/Ukraine/Philippines/Poland/Lithuania/Latvia to name a few are m9 AQ Q Quch cheaper compared to studying MBBS at universities in India